Date last modified: 25/05/2018
Who we are
camd-europe.eu is provided by the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (the Agency), which is an executive agency of the Department of Health and Social Care. As such, the Agency acts as the data controller – a data controller determines the purposes and means of processing personal data.
You can find out more about the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency and the Department of Health and Social Care on www.gov.uk.
camd-europe.eu is hosted and maintained by Juicy Media Limited and supports the Competent Authority for Medical Devices (CAMD) network, as detailed in the Terms and Conditions. Juicy Media Limited is the data processor – a processor is responsible for processing personal data on behalf of a controller.
Who do we collect personal data from?
We process personal data from:
- members of the public
- manufacturer of medical devices
- employees of competent authorities and related agencies.
What do we collect and why?
We will capture and process personal data in the following ways:
When you create an account with camd-europe.eu we need:
- first name and last name
- email address
- gender (male, female)
- age (18-24, 25-34, 35-44, 45-54, 55-64, 65+)
- localisation (town, region, country).
Once an account has been created, users have the option to develop a fuller profile and use messaging features on the site, where the following can be captured:
- a photo
- job title
- company name
- telephone number
- links to social media accounts including (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and Google+).
When you sign up to our newsletter, we need:
- first name and last name
- email address.
- When you submit a query using our contact form, we need:
- first name and last name
- email address
- contact number
- message content.
What do we analyse or track?
We have implemented Google Analytics features based on Display Advertising (Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting). We will use the data provided by Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting to develop the site and content around our users’ interests. You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads using the Ads Settings.In addition, you can use the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-on to disable tracking by Google Analytics.
What do we do with it?
The purposes for which we are processing your personal data are to:
- enable the creation of user accounts and to verify these accounts.
- offer an internal membership directory to other registered users (that lists additional contact details, such as telephone and social media accounts).
- offer a messaging service to registered users
- provide newsletter functionality to registered users and non-registered users who request them.
- improve the site by monitoring how you use it.
- your Internet Protocol (IP) address, and details of which version of web browser you used
- information on how you use the site, using cookies and page tagging techniques.
We will not:
- sell or rent your data to third parties
- share your data with third parties for marketing purposes.
- share your data if we are required to do so by law – for example, by court order, or to prevent fraud or other crime.
Legal basis of processing
The legal basis for processing this data is: consent – you have given consent to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes.
How long do we keep your data?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as it is needed for the purposes set out in this document or for as long as is required by law. In general, this means that we will only hold your personal data for a minimum of 1 year and a maximum of 7 years.
Children’s privacy protection
We understand the importance of protecting children’s privacy online. Our services are not designed for, or intentionally targeted at, children 13 years of age or younger. It is not our policy to intentionally collect or maintain data about anyone under the age of 13.
Disclosing your information
We sometimes need to share personal information we process with individuals’ themselves and with other organisations.
The Agency takes all reasonable precautions to keep your personal information secure and require any third parties that handle or process your personal information to do the same.
If these third parties are located outside the European Economic Area (EEA), and where else this is necessary, we are required to comply with all aspects of the data protection laws.
How we protect your data and keep it secure
We are committed to doing all that we can to keep your data secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place technical and organisational procedures to secure the data we collect about you – for example, we protect your data using varying levels of encryption. We also make sure that any third parties that we deal with have an obligation to keep all personal data they process on our behalf secure.
Email marketing campaigns published by this website or its owners may contain tracking facilities within the actual email. Subscriber activity is tracked and stored in a database for future analysis and evaluation. Such tracked activity may include; the opening of emails, forwarding of emails, the clicking of links within the email content, times, dates and frequency of activity. This is not a comprehensive list. This information is used to refine future email campaigns and supply the user with more relevant content based around their activity.
Social media platforms
This website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.
Although this website only looks to include quality, safe and relevant external links, users are advised adopt a policy of caution before clicking any external web links mentioned throughout this website. (External links are clickable text/banner/image links to other websites).
What are your rights?
You have the right to:
- request information about how your personal data are processed and to request a copy of that personal data
- request that any inaccuracies in your personal data are rectified without delay
- request that any incomplete personal data are completed, including by means of a supplementary statement
- request that your personal data are erased if there is no longer a justification for them to be processed
- request that the processing of your personal data is restricted in certain circumstances – for example, where accuracy is contested.
If your personal data is processed on the basis of consent, you have the right to:
- withdraw consent to the processing of your personal data at any time
- request a copy of any personal data you have provided, and for this to be provided in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
Changes to this notice
How to contact us
The data controller for your personal data is the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency:
Data Protection Officer
Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency
151 Buckingham Palace Road
You may also make a complaint to the Information Commissioner, who is an independent Regulator:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Cheshire SK9 5AF
Telephone: 0303 123 1113.