About the Joint Action on Market Surveillance of Medical Devices
The Joint Action on Market Surveillance of Medical Devices (JAMS) aimed to reinforce the market surveillance system for medical devices by improving the coordination of activities by all Member States of the European Union, and ensuring adequate communications and cooperation. These are crucial for success and effectiveness of the market surveillance in the field of medical devices.
Find out more about this Joint Action:
- Overview of Work Packages – Read more about the Work Packages and see what the Joint Action has delivered.
- Participants – See who has been involved in developing and delivering this Joint Action.
JAMS has developed the “Market Surveillance for Medical Devices” leaflet, which provides a general overview about the joint action. There is also a series of leaflets that explain the purpose and expected impact of the joint action for four main stakeholder groups:
- Healthcare professionals
- Manufacturers of medical devices
- Notified bodies
- Patients and consumers of medical devices.
Latest news on JAMS
- The JAMS layman’s report is now available online!
- JAMS Stakeholder Conference Held In Brussels On Dec. 12th 2019
- JAMS featured in the EU Health Programme High Level Conference
The content of this website represents the views of the author only and is his/her sole responsibility; it cannot be considered to reflect the views of the European Commission and/or the Consumers, Health, Agriculture and Food Executive Agency or any other body of the European Union. The European Commission and the Agency do not accept any responsibility for use that may be made of the information it contains.